For reviewing and scheduling purposes, abstracts will be classified into thematic areas.
The Conference Scientific Committee will assign a topic to your abstract in order to achieve a well-balanced scientific program.
Abstract Submission Topics:
Benign liver diseases
Benign pancreatic diseases
Tropical diseases (Hydatid cysts, Oriental cholangitis)
Minimally invasive hepatobiliary surgery
Robotic hepatobiliary surgery
Malignant liver diseases
Malignant pancreatic disease
Gulf & MENA Hepatopancreatobiliary Conference – Abstract Guidelines
- All abstracts for the Gulf & MENA HPB Conference, must be submitted and be received on or before 10 December 2023 through the Online Abstract Submission System.
- Revisions are not accepted after the deadline.
- Abstracts must be original of the authors and have not been published previously.
- Authors are required to indicate their preference for either oral, poster or video presentation. The scientific committee will make the final decision on the presentation format (i.e., oralm poster or video).
- Acceptance of abstracts will be communicated via e-mail to the corresponding author starting from 01 January 2024.
- In case of video presentation, authors are required to send – along with the textual abstract to be submitted through the Online Abstract Submission System – their video to firstname.lastname@example.org through WeTransfer or other link from which we can download the file (Drive, Dropbox, Megadrive, Amazon, etc.)
- Maximum size of the video: 200 MB. Videos should be in a wide format. Acceptable video formats are .mp4 or avi only. Please ensure that the audio is clear and audible.
- Videos must be the authors original production. Narration (in English only) should not include any commercial products names. Videos must not exceed 8 minutes. Do not include authors or affiliations in the video.
- Should the abstract not be accepted as oral or video, it might be accepted as poster.
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed and ranked according to their scholarly and/or research validity, educational value, clarity of presentation and their educational and scientific impact.
- The Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts either oral or video presentation and to choose a suitable session for the abstract. The authors’ preference of the type of the presentation and theme will be taken into account.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author’s email address immediately upon submission. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, city, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- Instructions on the preparation of videos or oral presentation and information about projection facilities will be included with the notification of acceptance.
- Submission of an abstract indicates that:
- the author(s) agree to comply with the abstract submission and presentation rules;
- the author(s) confirm that the presentation is based on scientific and/or clinical methods that are ethical and valid;
- all authors have contributed to and approved the abstract
- Accepted abstracts are official communications of the Conference.
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English.
- Abstract must be uploaded in WORD format (.doc; .docx)
- Title, authors’ names, authors’ affiliation, and presenting author must be provided by filling the online form
- Title: Use a concise descriptive title that indicates the content of the abstract. Please minimize the use of abbreviations in the title. Commercial trade names for drugs, devices, products, and services should NOT be used in the title.
- Author: The full name and the full surname for each author must be provided. Do not include degrees or titles.
- Affiliations: Each author should be listed by department, institution, city, and country.
- The body of the abstract text should not exceed 250 words. The online submission program will automatically not allow submissions that do not fit this requirement.
- The body of the abstract text must be divided into the following subheadings as appropriate. Each sub-heading should be in bold text, begin on a new line, and followed by a colon and space (:). The text for each sub-section should begin immediately after the colon and space (see sample abstract below).
- Materials and Method:
Online Abstract Submission will be available on the Conference website until 01 December 2023.
Please follow the instructions detailed on the website. Your abstract submission will be acknowledged automatically by email, but this confirmation does not constitute official acceptance for presentation.
Abstracts sent by E-mail, fax, etc. methods will not be evaluated.
Submitted abstract can be modified until 10 December 2023. Please remove the abstract previously submitted and upload the new document. Authors who wish to withdraw their abstract must send a written request to: email: email@example.com